Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love

I don't know about you, but I have many times where it feels like I've screwed something up so badly that there's no way anyone could love me.  And it's at that time that I find myself turning to what have become my favorite verses of all time; 1 Peter 2:4-5.
They say, "Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."  
And later on, verses 9 and 10 say, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."  
And no matter how terrible I feel, those verses change my whole mindset!  God has chosen you and me and has called us "precious"!!  How wonderful are those sweet words!  Those words, spoken from a human, would mean a lot but...spoken from God?  They lift my soul; my innermost being.  There's no way anything on this earth could even come close to that feeling!  My Bible loves to open to Peter, because I have to remind myself, over and over, that my God loves me more than I can even fathom.  How blessed are we, as Christians, to be able to press into that love and experience it more deeply every day!
<3 Mik

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Mik! Here we are, specks of dust in this infinite universe, and He loves US?!?! To grasp the idea is to catch the wind. What immeasurable love is this, that even in our wretched, rebllious condition, He blesses us, continually! There is no better place to latch your rope of trust than on the anchor of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These verses are so incredibly encouraging... it's so easy to feel like crap when something goes wrong or we mess up, but how amazing that God knows how sinful we are and loves, forgives, and blesses us. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's incredible!!

    ReplyDelete